Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Speaking of no-fault divorce...

Tonight the YPU debated R: Abolish no-fault divorce with Mr Glenn Stanton of Focus on the Family. Sadly the motion failed, though the affirmative gave a decent fight, but regardless I thought I'd commemorate it with Nina Simone's positively brilliant version of "Love Me or Leave Me", which has a fascinating piano solo (starts about a minute in) that beautifully and smoothly incorporates her classical training. Well worth the listen for that alone.

Love me or leave me and let me be lonely
You won't believe me but I love you only
I'd rather be lonely than happy with somebody else

You might find the night time the right time for kissing
Night time is my time for just reminiscing
Regretting instead of forgetting with somebody else

There'll be no one unless that someone is you
I intend to be independently blue

I want your love, don't wanna borrow
Have it today to give back tomorrow
Your love is my love
There's no love for nobody else
As for my thoughts on the divorce epidemic in this country: I chalk it up to the common misunderstanding that love is an emotion, not a virtue.

1 comment:

  1. Wait until you've been married for 15 years to someone who lives off your money and treats you like shit. I'm not divorced, but I'm thinking about it. If not for the kids I would be gone.

    ReplyDelete