Monday, March 7, 2011

Jilted - The Puppini Sisters

Too perfect.

I bought another dinner for one
I sit and watch some pointless re-run
and the tears fall down
cause this is not what I had planned

I stare at all the books on the shelf
on how to help or better myself
Lot of good they've done
Another one's gone to hell

Hmmm I've been jilted again
He packed his bags and left whistling a happy song
I jumped through hoops to keep that man
Oh how did I get it so wrong?

I tried new positions
I learned his friends' names
I made myself sit through football games
Oh, been jilted, been jilted again

So this is when self-pity sets in
And ominous predictions begin
Will I end my days alone and reaching for the gin?

Talking to myself and the cat
Weeping at the drop of a hat
Oh for goodness sake
I can do better than that
The Queen of Romany reminds me of my grandmother.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it! I really don't know what I would do without Pandora, which is what exposed me to them. Probably *actually* listen to nothing but Tom Waits.

    Their cover of "I Will Survive" is fun too.

    ReplyDelete