Thursday, March 8, 2012

My son, my son, what will be done

I have decided that at some point before I graduate, I will host a 12 hour Werner Herzog marathon, focusing on his fiction feature films.

Films that must be included:
Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans - Nicolas Cage! Also one of my favorite films of all time.
Aguirre, the Wrath of God - I just desperately want to see this.
Stroszek - Just, come on. Also it's funny.

Films that might be included:
Nosferatu the Vampyre - I'm such a sucker for Klaus Kinski (that pun was unintentional but it's staying there now, to shame me). In any case I hear vampires are big these days.
Rescue Dawn - Christian Bale is quite brilliant. Also, recent films! The young folk like those.
The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser - haven't seen this, looks quite intriguing, but I worry that a subtitled film may be rough in a marathon context.

Film I'm ambivalent about but should probably include:
Invincible - it's not that I don't like it, but I've just seen it so many times. However, if I want anyone else to subject themselves to this with me...

Input from film types most appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment