Thursday, August 19, 2010

A question

I have been sequestered in my parents' house for the past four days, in the middle of suburbia, with no knowledge of how to drive, and thus have been drinking bourbon for the past two days, as my vodka stash ran out before then, and I have to ask-

why on earth do people think whiskey is somehow manlier than vodka (my liquor of choice)?

Bourbon tastes like sugared vintage lincoln logs; vodka tastes like fire.

If it is merely because other whiskeys are radically different from bourbon, I retract the question, but my God I've had screwdrivers that taste less girly than the Bulleit bourbon I've been guzzling (not to look a gift horse in the mouth, of course).

EDIT: I didn't mean to suggest that I am wholly unfamiliar with Misters Daniels, Beam, or Williams, but I only turn to them as a last resort, and so have never noticed anything much beyond their respective... aromas.

No comments:

Post a Comment